Please read these terms and conditions of use carefully before using this site.
- Discount codes are redeemable at www.millsandboon.co.uk only.
- Must be presented at time of purchase.
- Discount codes cannot be redeemed against delivery charges.
- Discount codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Excludes Clearance items and those with a 40% discount or more.
- Exclusions apply including Offers, some eBook Bundles and Book Club memberships.
- Birthday discounts will only be communicated via email so you must be opted in to receive email communications from us to receive these.
- You will only receive one birthday discount code per calendar year.
All web-site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software compilations, underlying source code, software (including applets) and all other material on this web-site are copyright Harlequin (UK) Limited and its affiliates, or their content and technology providers. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this web-site without the prior written permission of Harlequin (UK) Limited is strictly prohibited. Without prejudice to the forgoing, you shall not commingle any portion of millsandboon.co.uk with any other information and shall not edit, modify, or otherwise alter any portion of it. The content of this web site is provided for your own personal use and any commercial uses are strictly prohibited.
For further details, please see the ‘about Hotjar’ section of Hotjar’s support site.
MILLS & BOON INSIDERS
Mills & Boon Insiders is a new community (“MBI”) of reviewers and bloggers who are as passionate about romance as we are! We're looking for enthused readers who want to read and review our books, and share their love for romantic reads across blogs, social media, personal sites and review sites. Application to join MBI is limited to UK readers only and you must be 18 years or over.
We will review and evaluate your social media presence (including but not limited to your blogs and social media accounts) and will decide in our sole discretion if we would like you to be a Mills & Boon Insider (“Insider”). If selected to be an Insider, we will send you a goodie bag.
If selected to be an Insider you will receive a regular email from us with our top picks of the best new romance books (“Works”), which you can request to read for free before the release date. We make no guarantees as to the availability or quality of the Works (or frequency of emails) and may in our sole discretion choose to not make any Works available to you.
Our understanding is that, on providing you with a Work, you will read that Work and share your comments and reviews in any (or all) of your blogs, social media accounts, websites and third party review sites. Participation is voluntary, although we reserve the right to revoke your status as an Insider if we deem you to be inactive. You may end your participation at any time. You can unsubscribe from being an Insider at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Through the year we shall hold several competitions subject to the following terms:
1. The Insider competitions are promoted by HCP.
2. These competitions are open to all Insiders who, after requesting and receiving a book from us, write at least one Amazon review or blog post about the title they have received, and inform us of it, within the time frame of each competition.
3. You must be 18 to enter this competition.
4. Entry instructions, opening date, closing date, prize and any other significant terms will be specified for each individual competition. No entries received after the closing date will be accepted.
5. No purchase necessary.
6. Only one entry allowed per household.
7. Each month’s prize (which HCP will choose each month) is non-refundable, non-transferable and subject to availability. No guarantee is given as to the quality of the prize and HCP will, in its sole discretion and based on whatever criteria it sees fit, decide which of its Insiders shall be the ‘Insider of the Month’ for that calendar month.
8. No cash or prize alternatives are available.
9. HCP reserve the right in their reasonable discretion to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
10. The winner of the competition will be chosen by an independent adjudicator and notified by email within 28 days of the closing date. Where we require details from you, if you do not provide these within 28 days of notification we reserve the right to select a different winner.
11. If there is any copyright in your entry, you grant to us a licence use your entry for the competition and marketing purposes.
12. No entries will be returned, unless specified.
13. All entrants are expected to act fairly and in the good spirit of the competition. HCP reserves the right to investigate any irregularities and disqualify entrants at its absolute discretion.
14. The prize will be delivered to the winner within 28 days of the closing date, unless specified. HCP reserves the right to select another winner if the original winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable timeframe.
15. Any application containing incorrect, false or unreadable information will be rejected. Any applications made on behalf of or for another person or multiple entries will not be included in the competition.
16. HCP’s decision as to who has won the competition shall be final.
17. To obtain details of the prize winner after the closing date, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
18. The entry instructions are part of the Terms and Conditions for this competition.
19. By entering the competition you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you will mean that your entry will not be valid, and you will not be allowed to enter this competition.
20. By entering this competition you are agreeing that, if you win, your name and entry may be a) used for the purpose of announcing the winner and/or distributed to individuals who request details of the winner and/or b) in any related publicity by HCP, without additional payment or permission.
22. Under no circumstances will HCP be responsible for any loss, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the promotion of the competition or prize.
23. HCP will not be responsible unless required by law, for any loss, changes, costs or expenses, which may arise in connection with this competition and HCP can cancel or alter the competition at any stage.
24. Any dispute relating to the competition shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
We will run other competitions from time to time, and we will post terms as and when those contests start.
LICENCES & PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
The Works are protected by trademark and copyright laws and must only be used for personal, non-commercial purposes. In considertion for your completion of a review of a Work in conjunction with your participation as an Insider, HCP grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to use an unaltered, unedited image of the jacket of that Work.
You are strictly prohibited from creating works or materials that derive from or are based on the materials contained in any Work that you receive. This prohibition applies regardless of whether the derivative materials are sold, bartered or given away.
You agree that by commenting, giving feedback, or writing any other material relating to HCP, Mills & Boon, MBI or any of our Works that (i) we have a licence to use that for any reason including, but not limited to, quotes for reviews, marketing, or improving user experience, and (ii) that you shall have no rights in any Work.
Occasionally we will ask that you do not reveal certain information about one of our Works. Where we do so, you agree that will not publish, distribute, repurpose, and/or disseminate in any form (including, without limitation, through photographs, drawings, videos, print, email, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, other social media, orally and/or otherwise) any spoilers, plot points, twists, or character developments in that Work (collectively, the “Confidential Information”) without prior confirmation from us that you may do so.
We reserve the right to issue take down notices to any party to whom or on whose website you have posted information that we deem to be not within the spirit of MBI (Reasons include, but are not limited to, defamation, inappropriateness, illegality, and disproportionality) and we shall be entitled to seek equitable relief, including injunctive relief, as you acknowledge that there may not be an adequate remedy in law.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY AND WARRANTIES
All goodie bags and Works are provided on an “as is” basis, and HCP disclaims all warranties of quality, whether express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for purpose. You acknowledge that you have not been induced by any statements or representations of any person with respect to the quality or condition of any good or material and that no such statements or representations have been made.
You acknowledge that HCP is not liable for any conduct or material (including but not limited to those which are inappropriate, defamatory, offensive and illegal) found in connection with MBI, including such conduct or material transmitted by any means by you or any other person.
You acknowledge that HCP is not liable for any damages, including, without limitation, direct, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, in connection with or arising from (i) your review of any Work ; (ii) your activity or inactivity as an Insider; or (iii) your access to the sign up webpage.
You acknowledge that HCP, its parents and affiliates together with their respective employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders, is not liable for any delays, inaccuracies, failures, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, viruses, communication line failures or for the theft, destruction, damage or unauthorized access to your computer system or network.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless HCP, its parents and affiliates together with their respective employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders, from and against all the liabilities, claims, damages and expenses (including reasonable legal fees and costs) arising out of your participation in MBI, your breach or alleged breach of this Agreement or your breach or alleged breach of the copyright, trademark, proprietary or other rights of third parties.
This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
This Agreement is governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of England & Wales without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales for resolution of any dispute, action or proceeding arising in connection with this Agreement or your participation or non-participation as an Insider or in connection with MBI.
© 2017 HarperCollins Publishers Ltd. All Rights Reserved