- Gerald Mills and Charles Boon founded Mills & Boon Limited in 1908 and opened offices in London's Covent Garden. Since then, Mills & Boon has become a hallmark for romantic fiction, recognised around the world.
- Mills & Boon is now part of Harlequin Enterprises, a global company who sell over 130 million books worldwide each year.
- Published in 26 different languages and sold in 109 countries
- Global author base of 1,300, of which approx 200 are acquired through the UK office.
- Harlequin Mills & Boon is a UK Top 10 adult fiction publisher.
- 10 million books sold each year in the UK, of which over 7 million are romance novels.
- A Mills & Boon book sold in the UK every 3 seconds.
- UK monthly readership over 1.3 million.
- Mills & Boon series books are released in 2 shipping cycles each month (the first and third Friday of the month) and have a one month shelf life
- Approx 70 titles published every month in the UK including more than 50 brand-new series titles.
- In the past 50 years, our characters have had: 10,325 weddings, 29,500 kisses and 35,250 hugs (figs from UK Editorial-Acquisition).
- "Mills & Boon" is in the Oxford English Dictionary meaning "a (type of) popular romantic novel".
Back to help menu
Back to Company Information