Reader App Help
The Mills & Boon reader app is no longer in use, so weare advising our readers to use the Bluefire Reader App, which we believe will offer a better eBook reading experience.
What does this mean for you?
If you use our Mills & Boon Reader app, you will need to swap over to using the Bluefire Reader app. This also means moving over your eBooks. This guide will help you do these things. We have also created a simple, helpful video to help you navigate this process.
Step 1: Find Your Adobe ID details
Your Adobe ID is required to authorise your eBooks in the new reader. You need to login to your new reader with the same Adobe ID used for the Mills and Boon reader. It’s best to check this before you start the process.
- Open the Mills and Boon reader app on your mobile or tablet.
- Click the info icon (“i”) on the top menu to see your Adobe ID listed in the section Adobe eBooks are enabled.
- Take a note of the Adobe ID. You will need this ID and the password for it in the new reader. (Don’t know the password? Click here)
Step 2: Install the Bluefire Reader
You need to install the Bluefire app before you can transfer eBooks to it and authorise it with the same Adobe ID so you can open these books.
- Apple devices: Go to the Bluefire reader on iTunes app store. Android: Go to the Bluefire reader on the Google play appstore
- Open the Bluefire reader app on your mobile or tablet.
- Click the info icon (“i”) on the top menu.
- Click ‘Authorise’ in the section ‘Enable Adobe eBooks’
- Enter your Adobe ID and Password (Don’t know the password? Click here)
Step 3: Download your eBooks
- If you have a small number of eBooks to transfer, downloading them from the Mills and Boon web site is the easiest way.
- Go to the Mills & Boon website in any web browser on your mobile or tablet (https://www.millsandboon.co.uk).
- Login to your account using the icon in the top right hand corner of the site.
- Click ‘Your eBooks’.
- Click ‘Download’ next to each eBook you wish to move to the new reader.
- When prompted click ‘Open in Bluefire Reader’ or ‘More’ and select ‘Import with Bluefire Reader’.
- The eBook will be added to the library of the Bluefire Reader.
- Repeat steps 3-4 for each eBook you wish to move.
- If you have a large number of books to transfer, moving them between the file storage for each app on the device is the easiest way. This requires a Mac or PC synced to the device.
Transferring ebook files between Readers apps on an IOS device using Itunes
- Connect a device which has the white label app installed and the book files using USB+lightning connector to a PC or Mac with Itunes installed.
- Open Itunes and click the device icon positioned under ‘account’.
- Click ‘Apps’ under ‘Settings’ on the left column under navigation.
4. In the main pain scroll down to the section headed ‘File Sharing’. In the list of apps locate and click the icon of the app you are moving books from.
5. All the files in the app are listed to the right under [App Name] documents.
6. Select all the books you wish to move using the mouse and CTRL buttons.
7. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click ‘Save to’.
8. Select the folder locations on the Mac or PC to save the files to.
- You will need the generic Bluefire reader or another Adobe DRM compatible reader installed on the device before uploading your files to it.
- In the list of apps under ‘File Sharing’ click the icon of the Adobe DRM compatible app you are moving books to.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click ‘Add File…’
4. Navigate to the folder and select the ebook files on the PC or Mac to upload.
5. The files should be displayed in the list of documents for the app.
6. Use the eject button for the device before disconnecting safely from the PC or Mac.
7. Open the app. Open a book in your library by clicking on the cover.
8. Authorize the same Adobe ID account used in the original reader when prompted.
Transferring books between Readers apps on an Android device
- Connect a device which has the white label app installed and the book files to a Mac or PC using a USB cable.
- Locate the ‘Mills and Boon’ and ‘Bluefire Reader’ folders in the file Explorer (PC) or Finder (Mac).
- Copy the book files by dragging and dropping them from the Mills and Boon to the Bluefire Reader folder.
- Disconnect the device from the Mac or PC.
- Open the Bluefire reader app on the device and view the library to check books have transferred.
Reset the password for your Adobe ID if you have forgotten it.
- In any web browser go to https://accounts.adobe.com/
- Click ‘Forgot password’ below the login box.
- Enter your Adobe ID email address.
- Check the email account for that address for an email from Adobe.
- Follow the instructions in the email to set a new password.