10 Reasons to Read Romance Books on Summer Holiday
As you’re squeezing the twenty-second pair of unwearable shoes into your suitcase, the last thing you probably want to do is throw in a load of books. But here’s why you should - valid and valuable points each and every one I’m sure you’ll agree…
- Books are the perfect thing to hide behind in order to spy on that scrummy lifeguard/waiter you noticed on arrival.
- If your suitcase is too heavy because it is laden down with books, you can totally pull a distraught ‘please someone help me with my bags face’ in the airport and be rescued by a hot pilot.
- When the sea air makes the glue in your book melt, the pages will fly away and you can accidentally-on-purpose chase them across the beach in front of aforementioned lifeguard/waiter thus getting their attention.
- Because reading is clever.
- Romance books REALLY get you in the mood for lurve.
- Mills & Boon books are THE perfect reads for delays at airports! It’s impossible to get grumpy when you’re engrossed in shenanigans with a billionaire sheikh let’s face it.
- You can leave finished copies of romance books at your hotel or villa and pass on the love and feel all community and generous.
- If you bring the books back with you, they’ll smell of sun cream all year around. Yum.
- Summer reads offer the perfect fantasy escape if you’re stuck in a B&B in Bognor with the children and the Great British Weather is making you consider emigrating.
- Because if you send a photo of yourself reading an M&B novel on holiday (email firstname.lastname@example.org) you will be entered to win a goody bag full of fabulous reads. So get those photos of you and an M&B tome in front of the Taj Mahal/Blackpool Tower to us ASAP!
What are you waiting for? GET PACKING! Check out our latest summer releases here.