Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions of use carefully before using this site.
All web-site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software compilations, underlying source code, software (including applets) and all other material on this web-site are copyright Harlequin (UK) Limited and its affiliates, or their content and technology providers. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this web-site without the prior written permission of Harlequin (UK) Limited is strictly prohibited.
(r) and TM indicate trademarks which are owned by or used under license by Harlequin (UK) Limited and/or www.millsandboon.co.uk. Unauthorised use of any trademarks which are owned or used under license by Harlequin (UK) Limited or www.millsandboon.co.uk. is strictly prohibited. Other product and company names mentioned on this web-site may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners and are subject to all applicable trademark protection laws.
Conditions of website use
No contract will subsist between you and www.millsandboon.co.uk. or Harlequin (UK) Limited for the sale by it to you of any product unless and until www.millsandboon.co.uk. or Harlequin (UK) Limited accepts your order by email confirming that it has shipped your product. That acceptance will be deemed complete and will be deemed for all purposes to have been effectively communicated to you at the time www.millsandboon.co.uk. or Harlequin (UK) Limited sends the email to you (whether or not you receive that email). For the avoidance of doubt, any such contract will be deemed to have been concluded in the United Kingdom. Further, any such contract will be interpreted, construed and enforced in all respects in accordance with the laws of England, and you and Harlequin (UK) Limited irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
To the fullest extent permitted at law, www.millsandboon.co.uk and Harlequin (UK) Ltd are providing this website and its contents on an 'as is' basis and makes no (and expressley disclaims all) representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, Wwith respect to this website or the information, content, materials or products included in this site including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In addition www.millsandboon.co.uk and Harlequin (UK) Ltd do not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this website is accurate, complete or current. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice.
Except as specifically stated on this web-site, to the fullest extent permitted at law, neither www.millsandboon.co.uk and nor Harlequin (UK) Limited nor any of their affiliates, directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this Web site or the information, content, materials or products included on this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
Pre-paid subscription plans
This offer is valid in the UK only and is not available to current Mills and Boon® Book Club subscribers who are already on the same series. We reserve the right to refuse an application and applicants must be aged 18 years or over. Terms and prices subject to change without notice.
The first shipment containing the first set of books in your subscription will be despatched as soon as possible after receipt of your order. Subsequent shipments will be despatched in the first week of each month.
An acknowledgement email will be sent to you, the subscription purchaser, upon acceptance of payment.
If you are purchasing the subscription for a different recipient, no contact will be made with the subscription recipient at all. Announcement of the subscription is solely at the discretion of you, the subscription purchaser.
The selected subscription(s) cannot be exchanged for any other products through the website.
The subscription(s) can be cancelled at any time during its term and a refund of any unmailed items will be made.
Please note we cannot accept postal orders or cheques.
By making a purchase on this website you agree to agree to receive our monthly eNewsletter informing you of all the latest news and special offers. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email we send to you.
Monthly subscription plans
- This offer is valid in the UK only and is not available to current Mills and Boon® Book Club subscribers who already receive the same series. We reserve the right to refuse an application and applicants must be aged 18 years or over. Terms and prices subject to change without notice.
- The first shipment containing the first set of books in your subscription will be despatched as soon as possible after receipt of your order. Subsequent shipments will be despatched approximately one month after your first parcel is sent.
- An acknowledgement email will be sent to you, the subscription purchaser, upon acceptance of payment of your first month.
- If you are purchasing the subscription for a different recipient, no contact will be made with the subscription recipient. Announcement of the subscription is solely at the discretion of you, the subscription purchaser.
- Payment on subsequent parcels can be made by Direct Debit, Cheque or Postal Order, or by any major credit or debit card. Details can be found on your first month’s invoice.
- The subscription(s) can be cancelled or changed at any time. Call Customer Relations on 020 8288 2888, or return your invoice marked ‘cancel’ or return your parcel of unread books.
- By making a purchase on this website you are agreeing to receive our monthly eNewsletter informing you of all the latest news and special offers. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the eNewsletter.
eBook subscription plans
- Products and services may be made available through Harlequin (UK) Limited websites (the “Website(s)”),. By purchasing any products or services through these sites, you signify that you have read, understand, and agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions in effect at the time of purchase. These Terms are subject to change without prior written notice at any time, in Harlequin UK Limited’s sole discretion, and such changes shall apply to any purchases made after such changes are posted on the Site. Therefore, you should review these Terms and Conditions prior to each purchase so you will understand the terms applicable to such transaction. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, do not make any purchases on the Site.
- Purchase qualifications; account security: to make a purchase on the Websites, you must comply with these Terms & Conditions. You agree to accept responsibility for all purchases and other activities that occur under your name and/or account. eBook Subscriptions are only purchasable by those users who can legally make purchases with a credit card. Purchases are only allowed by individuals over the age of 18. We reserve the right to refuse or cancel orders or terminate accounts, at any time in our sole discretion. You agree that any eBooks accessed through our subscription program are for your personal and non-commercial use only, and you do not have any commercial or promotional use rights in any eBook.
- Fees and services: by using our Websites, you agree to pay the fees as presented by Harlequin UK Limited at the time of purchase. You understand that by agreeing to the ‘1p authorisation transaction’ fee you allow our payment provider (Sage) to hold your credit card details to allow the processing of a monthly transaction whereupon Harlequin UK Limited will deliver the eBooks selected for that month. You understand that the number of titles selected each month is editable only by you, the customer, and by varying either the number of titles you wish to receive ‘next’ month’ using My Account or by changing your monthly subscription on a fixed, permanent basis, you will change the value payable that month and potentially in subsequent months.
At the delivery of your first months subscription the chargeable value will be redeemed from your credit or debit card registered adjusted by 1p to reflect the ‘1p authorisation transaction’ already paid. On the 1st of every subsequent month while you retain an eBook subscription payments will be automatically redeemed from your selected card.
Should you choose to cancel your subscription by adjusting all Series to reflect ‘0’ eBooks we will cease to take payments but will hold card details for up to 90 days in which time should you choose to re-subscribe you may using the My Account facility. After this time it will be necessary to re-subscribe using the process with which you originally subscribed and pay the ‘1p authorisation transaction’ again.
Harlequin UK Limited may change pricing policies and fees for services we provide at any time and any changes shall be effective immediately. Unless otherwise stated, all fees quoted on the Websites are in Great British Pounds.
- Payment method and terms: we accept Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard, Solo and Paypal. By submitting an order through the Website(s), you authorize the Harlequin UK Limited, or its designated payment processor, to charge the account you specify for the purchase amount. All payments are to be made in Great British Pounds. When you provide your credit card number to the Website, you may authorize us, or its designated payment processor, to store your credit card number and related payment information.
- Delivery: eBook Subscriptions are processed on the 1st of every month and delivered directly to the My eBookshelf part of your account. This is accessible when logged in.
- Returns, refunds, exchanges: digital content, including eBooks, purchased from Harlequin UK Limited Websites cannot be returned, refunded or exchanged. If you experiencing trouble using your purchase please email us for technical assistance.
- Membership Cancellation: you may cancel your eBook Subscription at any time up to 23:59 on the final day of each month. Should you choose to cancel your subscription by adjusting all Series to reflect ‘0’ eBooks we will cease to take payments but will hold card details for up to 90 days in which time should you choose to re-subscribe you may using the My Account facility. After this time it will be necessary to re-subscribe using the process with which you originally subscribed and pay the ‘1p authorisation transaction’ again.
For more details contact our Customer Service team by email.
All other terms
We've create these rules and guidelines to protect you and to ensure that becoming a member and participating in our community is fun and safe for everyone.
The terms of this Agreement may change from time to time and we shall endeavour to notify you of any changes. Your continued use following any such change shall indicate your acceptance of the new terms and your agreement to be bound by the same. You may stop using this website at any time.
You should register yourself, and only yourself, for a Membership. You may not transfer or share your Membership with anyone. You may not disclose your Membership login or password to any third parties. Message boards may only be used for personal purposes, not commercial purposes. You shall comply with all applicable laws regarding your access to Membership and your participation in Member services.
We may terminate your Membership immediately if you breach this Agreement or if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us.
All service are provided 'as is'. We and our suppliers disclaim all warranties and conditions, express, implied or statutory, including without limitation the implied warranties of title, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We do not guarantee continuous or uninterrupted access to your Membership. Applicable law may not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you.
In no event shall we or our suppliers be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages (however arisin, including negligence), or for interrupted communications, lost data or lost profits, arising out of or in connection with this agreement. Our liability, and the liability of our suppliers, top you or any third parties in any circumstance is limited to £100. Applicable law may not allow the limitation of liability, so the foregoing limitations may not apply to you.
You are solely responsible for your content, and we act as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication. However, we reserve the right to take any action with respect to your content if we believe it may create liability for us or may cause us to lose the services of our ISPs or other suppliers, or if we deem it to be inappropriate.
The content you distribute or request to receive (directly or indirectly) through your Membership and your Member Name: (a) shall not infringe any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy; (b) shall not violate any law or regulation; (c) shall not be defamatory or trade libelous; (d) shall not be indecent, obscene or pornographic; (e) shall not contain any viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer-programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. You may not distribute unsolicited commercial messages ("spam") through your Membership or take any other action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. Doing so may result in termination of your messages without delivery or prevent messages from reaching you.
You hereby grant to us a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise all rights under copyright, publicity and related rights, in any media now known or not currently known, with respect to any content you provide to us in any public space on our Network. For further information, see our Community Guidelines.
Online Shopping - Returns: Customer Satisfaction is our most important goal. If you are unhappy with your order for any reason please contact Customer Service.
Links with Other Sites: millsandboon.co.uk is not responsible for the content of any other site linked to or from our sites. If you link to another site outside millsandboon.co.uk, you leave our sites. If you decide to link to another site, you do so entirely at your own risk. Millsandboon.co.uk may provide links from our sites to other sites, but this is done solely as a convenience to you and in no way should be interpreted as an endorsement, clearance or approval of any content, sponsor or owner of any other site.
Millsandboon.co.uk makes no warranty, express or implied, as to any such linked site including, but not limited to, any warranties of the accuracy, ownership, validity or legality of any content of a linked site.
Copyright: The user many not commingle any portion of millsandboon.co.uk with any other information and shall not edit, modify, or alter any portion. All of millsandboon.co.uk's own content is property of Harlequin Mills & Boon Limited or is licensed to Harlequin Mills & Boon Limited. Our content is for your own personal use and any commercial uses are prohibited.
Scope of agreement: Except where stated otherwise, the term millsandboon.co.uk used on this web site shall be deemed to include Harlequin Mills & Boon Limited and their respective companies.
Fees & Payments: You agree to pay all fees and charges incurred in connection with your User name and password, including applicable taxes and communications.
Site content: The user expressly acknowledges that millsandboon.co.uk makes no warranties or representations regarding the content of the web site: There are no warranties or representations made regarding the content of the web site in terms of how current it is, its accuracy, or its completeness.
Indemnity: Upon millsandboon.co.uk's request you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless millsandboon.co.uk and its affiliates, representatives, officers, directors and employees from all liabilities, claims, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise out of or in connection with your use of the site.
Governance: This Agreement shall be governed in all respects by English laws. Both parties submit to the jurisdiction of England and further agree that any cause of action arising under this Agreement shall be brought exclusively in the English courts. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. If we ask a third party to provide services through our Network or for your Membership, the provisions of this Agreement shall apply to your use of their services. We shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting directly or indirectly from any causes beyond our reasonable control. This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between us with respect to the subject matter hereof, save that nothing shall hereby be construed as attempting to limit or exclude liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
The services hereunder are offered by millsandboon.co.uk a division of Harlequin (UK) Limited, a United Kingdom corporation, located at 18/24 Paradise Road Richmond Surrey TW9 1SR UNITED KINGDOM. Our telephone number is +44(0) 20 8288 2800.
Standard Mills & Boon competition and prize draw terms and conditions
The promoter of this competition is Harlequin (UK) Limited, Eton House, 18-24 Paradise Road, Richmond, Surrey TW9 1SR. The prize is as stated and not transferable. Entry instructions form part of the rules. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void. The competition is open to readers aged over 18 who are residents in the UK and Channel Islands, other than the employees (and their families) of Harlequin (UK) Ltd, the prize supplier, and their agents. Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition. No bulk or third party entries accepted. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners. Failure to respond or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize. The Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random. In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer a prize of greater or equal value. All prizes must be accepted as offered. There will be no alternative awards, upgrades, cash or otherwise. All details and prices are correct at time of publication. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged. No correspondence can be entered into. Only one entry per household. No purchase necessary.
Mills & Boon promotional discounts
During a period of promotional discount, please be aware that all titles remain subject to availability. No cash alternative can be offered with a discount code and our codes cannot be used for the purchase of Mills & Boon collections. A Mills & Boon discount code is only redeemable at millsandboon.co.uk and all opening and closing dates will be specified within the campaign. Please contact our Customer Services team if you have any issues with a promotional discount.
Our company details
Harlequin (UK) Limited
18-24 Paradise Road
Registered in England No. 100449
Non-UK residents: +44 20 8288 2800
UK residents only: 020 8288 2800
Non-UK residents: +44 20 8288 2898
UK residents only: 020 8288 2898
Vat. Reg. Nos. GB 232433496