Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions of use carefully before using this site.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
This page (together with our Privacy & Cookies Policy (http://www.millsandboon.co.uk/Content/ContentPage/12) and Terms and Conditions of Website Use (http://www.millsandboon.co.uk/Content/ContentPage/11) tells you information about us and the legal terms and conditions (‘Terms’) on which we sell or supply any of the products (‘Products)’ listed on our website (our site) to you.
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale or supply of Products to you (each a ‘Contract’). Where we refer to a 'sale' or 'supply' in the context of an eBook Product we use such phrases to refer to the sale or supply of a licence to you to use the eBook Product in accordance with these Terms.
Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Products from our site. Please note that before placing an order you will be asked to agree to these Terms. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Products from our site.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer to prevent authorised access to your account. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account and/or password. You must take all necessary steps to ensure that the password is kept confidential and secure and should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorised manner.
We amend these Terms from time to time as set out in clause 6.1. Every time you wish to order Products, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 22nd August 2014.
These Terms, and any Contract between us, are only in the English language.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
1.1 We are Harlequin (UK) Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 100449 and with our registered office at Eton House, 18-24 Paradise Road, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 1SR, United Kingdom. Our VAT number is GB 232433496.
1.2 To contact us, please see our Contact Us page www.millsandboon.co.uk/contactus.
2. OUR PRODUCTS
2.1 All Products shown on our site are subject to availability. We will inform you by e-mail as soon as possible if any Product you have ordered is not available and in that event we will promptly inform you by email to let you know and we may have to cancel your order (or that part of the order which relates to a Product which is out of stock).
2.2 Each Product sold or supplied by us is subject to our and/or our author’s and licensor’s intellectual property and other proprietary rights including, but not limited to, copyright, registered and unregistered trade mark rights, rights in designs and database rights. Without prejudice to paragraph 2.3 below and the express terms of any notices or end user licence terms contained in or supplied with the relevant Product, all intellectual property and other rights in the Products are reserved by the relevant rights holder absolutely and no Product nor any part thereof may be used, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, communicated to the public or otherwise exploited by you in any way without the express prior written permission of the relevant rights owner.
2.3 In the case of eBook Products, except as otherwise provided below, you are granted a limited licence to download a single copy of an eBook in EPUB format to an installed reader on your computer, tablet or mobile device for use by a single user of that device at any time, subject always to the following conditions:
(a) the eBook is not distributed, broadcast or transmitted over any network or by other communications method or otherwise communicated to the public;
(b) the eBook is used for personal, non-commercial purposes only;
(c) the eBook is not copied or modified in any way;
(d) no copyright, trade mark or other proprietary notices contained in the eBook are removed, obscured or otherwise amended.
The above licence is personal to you and may not be transferred or sub-licensed to any third party.
2.4 All eBooks supplied through our site are supplied in EPUB format and are secured using Adobe® Digital Experience Protection Technology (ADEPT) digital rights management (“DRM”) software. You agree not to violate, circumvent, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise tamper with any element of any eBooks supplied to you or any DRM applied to it or to assist any other person to do so.
2.5 In order to manage eBooks purchased from our site and to transfer them between your devices it will be necessary to download and install Adobe® Digital Editions software, the use of which is subject to separate licence terms and conditions. In accordance with the Adobe® Digital Editions licence terms and conditions in force at the date on which these Terms were last updated, eBook Products purchased from our site may be downloaded to up to six devices with the same Adobe ID. For the avoidance of doubt, the terms of clause 2.3 above shall apply to each copy downloaded using the same Adobe ID.
2.6 You agree that you will abide by all of the Adobe® Digital Editions licence terms and conditions as are in force from time to time. We are not responsible for and have no control over the Adobe® Digital Editions licence terms and conditions.
3. USE OF OUR SITE
Your use of our site is governed by our Terms and Conditions of Website Use (http://www.millsandboon.co.uk/Content/ContentPage/11). Please take the time to read these, as they include important terms which apply to you.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only use your personal information in accordance our Privacy & Cookies Policy www.millsandboon.co.uk/Content/ContentPage/12 . Please take the time to read it, as it includes important terms which apply to you.
5. HOW A CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US
5.1 For the steps you need to take to place on order on our site, please see the ‘Shopping With Us’ section of our FAQs page www.millsandboon.co.uk/faqs
5.2 Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each stage of the order process.
5.3 By placing an order this does not mean that we have accepted your order for Products nor that the Products are in stock. A Contract between us will only be formed between you and us when we send you an e-mail confirming that we have received and have accepted your order (each an “Order Confirmation”). Please note that our sending of an Order Confirmation will also be subject to us having received payment of the price for the Products ordered and associated delivery charges.
5.4 If we are unable to supply you with a Product, for example because that Product is not in stock or no longer available, we will inform you of this by e-mail and we may cancel the Contract for that Product. If you have already paid for the Product(s), we will refund you the amount paid for the relevant Product(s) as soon as possible.
5.5 Where you have ordered more than one Product and we are not able to deliver the whole of your order at any one time due to an operation reason or stock shortage, we may choose to deliver the order in more than one package. Where we do this we will not charge you extra delivery costs.
The following clauses 5.6 to 5.8 apply to non-eBook pre-paid subscription plans only
5.6 Our pre-paid subscription plans are only available to customers who are over the age of 18, residents of the UK and who request delivery to an address within the United Kingdom.
5.7 When you place an order for a pre-paid subscription plan, we will send you an Order Confirmation confirming the plan that you have selected. The Contract for your pre-paid subscription plan shall be formed when we send you the Order Confirmation. For the avoidance of doubt, our pre-paid subscription plans do not automatically renew.
5.8 From time to time, we may make you aware of additional Products that you may be interested in based on your chosen pre-paid subscription plan. In the event that you place an order for any additional Products that are not included in your pre-paid subscription plan, we shall send you a separate Order Confirmation for the relevant Product(s) and a separate Contract shall be formed at that time.
The following clause 5.9 applies to pay monthly subscription plans for Products that are not eBooks only
5.9 Our pay monthly subscription plans are only available to customers who are over the age of 18, residents of the UK and who request delivery to an address within the United Kingdom.
5.10 In the event that you have placed an order for our pay-monthly subscription plans, your Order Confirmation e-mail shall confirm the total monthly cost for the subscription plan ordered. The Contract for the first order in your monthly subscription plan will be formed when we send you the first Order Confirmation.
5.11 You may alter or cancel future orders in your monthly subscription plan at any time by calling our Customer Services telephone line on +44 (0) 20 8288 2888 or by returning a completed copy of the relevant notice enclosed with a delivery of Products. We will send you an Order Confirmation e-mail each month with details of your order for that month at which point the Contract between us for that month’s subscription will be formed. This does not affect your statutory right to cancel an individual Contract placed as part of your monthly subscription plan as set out in Clause 7.3 to 7.9 below.
5.12 We reserve the right to suspend or cancel your pay monthly subscription plan in the event that you have either failed to pay for or return any Products delivered to you in accordance with a Contract between us. More detail regarding the payment terms of Contracts formed between us in accordance with a pay monthly subscription plan are set out at Clauses 11.3 to 11.4 below.
The following clauses 5.13 to 5.16 apply to pay monthly eBook subscription plans
5.13 Our pay monthly eBook subscription plans are only available to customers who are over the age of 18 and who may legally make purchases with a credit card.
5.14 As part of the process of placing your first pay monthly eBook subscription plan order, you will be asked to provide details of the credit card from which all future monthly payments are to be made and to make a ‘1p authorisation transaction’ to enable our payment provider to store your credit card details. Once we have received your order, we will issue an Order Confirmation e-mail at which point the Contract between us for the first order in your pay monthly eBook subscription will be formed. The eBooks ordered in your first pay monthly eBook subscription plan order shall be made available to download from your eBookshelf on the first day of the following calendar month after you placed your order.
5.15 Subsequent pay monthly eBook subscription orders will be processed on the first day of every calendar month. You may vary the number of eBooks that you wish to order in each month of your subscription by varying the number of titles selected by using My Account up to 23:59 (local time, London, England) on the last day of the preceding calendar month and the payment due for the relevant order may vary if you do decide to add or remove titles. We shall deduct the relevant payment from your registered credit card and issue an Order Confirmation on the first day of each calendar month confirming the eBooks that you have ordered and which will be available for download from your eBookshelf, at which point the Contract between us for that month’s subscription shall be formed.
5.16 Without prejudice to your statutory right to cancel a Contract for eBooks as set out in clause 7.10 below, if you do not wish to place any further pay monthly eBook subscription orders you must visit MyAccount and select your eSubscription from the left hand navigation, in the ‘Subscription Summary’ tab thiere is a link called ‘Cancel my esubscription’. If you do this, we shall not take any further payment from your registered credit card. However, we will retain your details for up to 90 days, during which time you will be able to place further pay monthly eBook subscription orders. If you do not place a further order within that period, you will need to re-subscribe to a new pay monthly eBook subscription plan in order to place further orders.
6. OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS
6.1 We may revise these Terms from time to time. The date on which these Terms were last updated is indicated at the top of this page.
6.2 Every time you order Products from us, the Terms in force at that time will apply to the Contract between you and us.
7. YOUR CONSUMER RIGHT OF CANCELLATION AND REFUND
7.1 We are legally obliged to supply the Products as they are described. As a consumer, you will always have legal rights in relation to a Product that is faulty or not as described. Those legal rights are not affected by any of the terms of this clause 7 or any of these Terms.
7.2 As a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel a Contract under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 during the period set out below in either clause 7.3 or clause 7.10 below. This means that if you change your mind or for any other reason you decide you do not want to keep a Product during the relevant period, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund.
The following clauses 7.3 to 7.9 do not apply to orders for eBooks (in relation to which see clauses 7.10 to 7.14) and the term ‘Products’ where used in this clause 7 shall be interpreted accordingly.
7.3 Your legal right to cancel a Contract starts on the date that we send the Order Confirmation (which is when the Contract between us is formed) and, except in the case of a Contract for a pre-paid subscription plans, ends on the day 14 (fourteen) calendar days after the day on which you receive the Product or, in the case of a Contract covering a number of Products, the day on which you receive the last Product covered by that Contract. In the case of a Contract for pre-paid subscription plan, your right to cancel ends on the day 14 (fourteen) calendar days after the day on which you receive the first delivery of Products covered by the relevant plan.
7.4 To cancel a Contract, please do so by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, sending a letter to Customer Relations, Harlequin (UK) Limited, Eton House, 18-24 Paradise Road, Richmond, Surrey. TW9 1SR United Kingdom or by calling our Customer Services telephone line on +44 (0) 20 8288 2888. A downloadable form that can be used is available here: http://cdn.millsandboon.co.uk/images/Cancellation Notice.pdf. Please clearly state the order number set out in the relevant Order Confirmation in any cancellation notification that you send through to us. You may wish to keep a copy of your cancellation notification for your own records. If you send us your cancellation notice by e-mail or by post, then your cancellation is effective from the date you sent us the e-mail or posted the letter to us. If you call us to notify us of your cancellation, then your cancellation is effective from the date you telephone us.
7.5 If you do choose to cancel a Contract, subject to clauses 7.6 and 7.9 below you will receive a full refund of the price you paid for the Product(s) and any applicable delivery charges you paid for it/them. We will process the refund due to you without undue delay and, in any case, within 14 (fourteen) calendar days of the day on which we receive the Product(s) back from you or (if earlier) your providing evidence to us that the Product(s) have been sent back to us. If you returned the books to us because they were faulty or mis-described, please see clause 7.6.
7.6 We reserve the right to make a deduction from any refund of the price paid for a Product in accordance with clause 7.5 above in the event that the condition of the Product has been altered by you following delivery such that Product is no longer in ‘as new’ condition (including where the Product or its packaging or any seal or film wrapper around a Product has been damaged, broken or removed).
7.7 If you have returned the Product(s) to us under this clause 7 because they are faulty or mis-described, we will refund the price of a defective Product(s) in full, any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us.
7.8 Any refunds will be made using the initial method of payment and any orders placed by credit or debit card will be refunded to the same credit or debit card used for payment.
7.9 If the Product(s) has/have already been delivered to you:
(a) you must return the Product(s) to us as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event within 14 (fourteen) calendar days after the day on which you send the notice of cancellation to us;
(b) unless the Product(s) are faulty or not as described (in this case, see clause 7.7), you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Products to us;
(c) you must keep the Product(s) in your possession until they are dispatched back to us and take reasonable care of the Product(s) while they are in your possession.
The following clauses 7.10 to 7.14 apply to orders for eBooks only
7.10 Unless clause 7.11 below applies, you have a legal right to cancel a Contract for the supply of an eBook within 14 (fourteen) calendar days of the date that we send the Order Confirmation (which is when the Contract between us is formed).
7.11 Your right to cancel a Contract for the supply of an eBook will automatically end once you commence download of the eBook from your eBookshelf in MyAccount. Once the download has commenced, eBooks cannot be returned or exchanged and refunds are not available. If you experience a problem with an eBook, please contact us by either sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; by sending a letter to Customer Relations, Harlequin (UK) Limited, Eton House, 18-24 Paradise Road, Richmond, Surrey. TW9 1SR United Kingdom; or by contacting our Customer Services telephone line +44 (0) 20 8288 2888.
7.12 To notify us that you wish to cancel a Contract for the sale of an eBook you can use any of the methods referred to in clause 7.4 above.
7.13 If you choose to cancel a Contract for the sale of an eBook or eBooks, you will receive a full refund of the price you paid for the eBook(s). We will process the refund due to you without undue delay and, in any case, within 14 (fourteen) calendar days of the day on which we receive your cancellation notification. Any refunds will be made using the initial method of payment and any orders placed by credit or debit card will be refunded to the same credit or debit card used for payment.
7.14 If you wish to download an eBook, your service provider may charge you global roaming or other internet charges. Please ensure that you check any applicable rates or charges that may be applied by your service provider prior to downloading any eBooks. We accept no responsibility for any charges you may incur from your service provider when downloading your eBook.
The following clauses 8.1 to 8.4 do not apply to orders for eBooks
8.1 Details of our UK and International delivery options which are available here http://www.millsandboon.co.uk/Delivery-and-returns .
8.2 Your order will be fulfilled by the estimated delivery date set out in the Order Confirmation, unless there is an Event Outside Our Control (which has the meaning set out in Clause 13.2 below). If we are unable to meet the estimated delivery date because of an Event Outside Our Control, we will contact you with a revised estimated delivery date. The time for delivery of Product(s) is not of the essence.
8.3 Delivery will be completed when we deliver the Product(s) to the address you gave us.
8.4 The Product(s) will be your responsibility from the completion of delivery.
8.5 You own the Product(s) once we have received payment in full, including all applicable delivery charges.
The following clause 8.6 only apply to orders for eBooks
8.6 Delivery of eBooks will be deemed to have taken place as soon as download of the relevant eBook has been commenced.
9. INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY
This Clause 9 does not apply to orders for eBooks
9.1 We currently accept orders for individual Products with a delivery destination in all countries of the world that are outside the United Kingdom other than Nigeria, Somalia or Zimbabwe (each an “International Delivery Destination”). We currently do not offer our subscription-based order services for delivery to International Delivery Destinations.
9.2 If you order Products from our site for delivery to an International Delivery Destination, your order may be subject to import duties and taxes which are applied when the delivery reaches that destination and for which you shall have the sole responsibility to pay. Please note that we have no control over these charges and we cannot predict their amount. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order. Without prejudice to your legal right to cancel a Contract (see Clause 7 above), in the event that we are notified that you have refused to pay any application import duties and/or taxes or otherwise failed to do so within an applicable period, you agree that we shall be entitled to consider the relevant Contract has been cancelled by you. In such an event, we shall refund to you the amount paid by you for the relevant Product(s) within 14 (fourteen) calendar days of the day on which we receive the Product(s) back.
9.3 You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined and we will not be liable or responsible if you contravene any of them in any way.
10. PRICE OF PRODUCTS AND DELIVERY CHARGES
10.1 The prices of Products will be quoted on our site from time to time. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of Products are correct at the time that the relevant information was entered onto the system. However please see clause 10.5 for what will happen if we discover an error in the price of Product(s) you ordered.
10.2 All prices are inclusive of legally applicable VAT.
10.3 The price of a Product does not include delivery charges (where applicable). Our delivery charges are as quoted on our site from time to time. To check relevant delivery charges, please refer to our Delivery and returns page http://www.millsandboon.co.uk/Delivery-and-returns. The delivery charges applicable to any order you make will be notified to you at the time that you place the relevant order.
10.4 Our site contains a large number of Products. It is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some of the Products on our site may be incorrectly priced. If an error in the price of a Product that you have ordered and paid for is brought to our attention, where the Product's correct price is less than the price stated on our site we will reimburse any additional amount paid over the correct price.
11. HOW TO PAY
11.1 We accept payments made using the following cards: Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard and Solo. We also accept payment by Paypal, except in relation to subscription purchases.
11.2 Except in the case of Products supplied as part of a non-eBook pay monthly subscription plan, payment for Products and all applicable delivery charges is in advance and shall be debited at the point that you place your order.
The following clause 11.3 applies to non-eBook pay monthly subscription plans only
11.3 Payment for Products supplied in accordance with a non-eBook pay monthly subscription plan Contract is due within 14 (fourteen) days of delivery of the relevant Products to you, unless you notify us that you wish to cancel the relevant Contract and return the relevant Products to use.
11.4 In addition to the payment methods referred to in Clause 11.1 above, we also accept payment for pay monthly non-eBook subscription plan purchases by Direct Debit, cheque and postal order. We will provide further details of how to arrange payment by these alternative methods on request. In the event of late payment we reserve the right to add a late payment charge of £10 to your account. In the event of non-payment where you have not cancelled the relevant Contract and returned the Products to us, we reserve the right to levy a third party collection charge of not less than £2.50 and not more than £10.00 in the event that we must arrange for collection of the relevant Products from you.
12. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
12.1 In the event of our breach of the Terms, we shall only be liable to you for any loss or damage that you may suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it was an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into the Contract.
12.2 To the extent permitted by law, our liability to you for any breach of these Terms shall be limited to the value of any Contract or Contracts to which such breach relates.
12.3 We only supply Products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the product for any commercial, business or re-sale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
12.4 We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
(b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979;
(d) any breach of the terms implied by section 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979; and
(e) defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
13. EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
13.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control is defined below in clause 13.2.
13.2 An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
13.3 If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
(a) we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
(b) our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our ability to deliver Products to you, in accordance with the estimated delivery date set out in an Order Confirmation we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over. In the event that we consider, in our absolute discretion, that an Event Outside of Our Control which prevents our ability to perform our obligation under Contract is not likely to end within a commercially reasonable period of time, we reserve the right to cancel the relevant Contract.
14. COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN US
14.1 When we refer, in these Terms, to "in writing", this will include e-mail
14.2 If you wish to contact us in writing for any reason, you can send this to us by e-mail (email@example.com) or by pre-paid post to Harlequin (UK) Limited, Eton House, 18-24 Paradise Road, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 1SR, United Kingdom.
14.3 You also contact us Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:30 am to 4:30pm using our Customer Services telephone line +44 (0) 20 8288 2888 except on public holidays in the United Kingdom, when our offices are closed.
14.4 If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail or by pre-paid post to the address you provide to us in your order.
15. OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
15.1 We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms.
15.2 Each Contract is made between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
15.3 Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
15.4 If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
15.5 These Terms, all Contracts and any dispute arising out of or in connection with either of them are governed by English law and shall, without prejudice to clause 15.6 below, be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
15.6 Nothing in these Terms shall prevent our right to bring proceedings before any Court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction for injunctive relief preventing the infringement of our intellectual property rights.
Please read these terms and conditions of use carefully before using this site.
- Discount codes are redeemable at www.millsandboon.co.uk only.
- Must be presented at time of purchase.
- Discount codes cannot be redeemed against delivery charges.
- Discount codes in conjunction with any other offer. Excludes Clearance items and those with a 40% discount or more.
- Exclusions apply including Offers, some eBook Bundles and Book Club memberships.
All web-site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software compilations, underlying source code, software (including applets) and all other material on this web-site are copyright Harlequin (UK) Limited and its affiliates, or their content and technology providers. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Any use of materials on this web-site without the prior written permission of Harlequin (UK) Limited is strictly prohibited. Without prejudice to the forgoing, you shall not commingle any portion of millsandboon.co.uk with any other information and shall not edit, modify, or otherwise alter any portion of it. The content of this web site is provided for your own personal use and any commercial uses are strictly prohibited.
The Chatsfield Competition
Terms and conditions
How to enter: Enter online at www.millsandboon/stay and follow the entry instructions. No other method of entry will be accepted. All entrants must provide a valid email address upon entry. By providing your email address you are agreeing to be sent dedicated emails from Mills & Boon. Your email will not be shared with third parties and you can unsubscribe at any time. Competition opens on 1st October 2014 and closes on 20th January 2015 (inclusive). Limit: one entry per person. No purchase necessary. Entrants must be 18 or over.
Eligibility: Competition is open to legal residents of the United Kingdom only. Employees and immediate family members (spouse, parent, child and/or sibling) of Harlequin (UK) Ltd are not eligible to enter.
Prize: One winner will receive a Malmaison giftcard for the value of £250. The voucher can be spent in any Malmaison hotel situated in 13 locations nationwide; valid against an overnight stay, in the bar, in the brasserie and the spa. The gift card can also be spent at the sister company, Hotel du Vin. Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be substituted or transferred. No cash alternative. Dates when the giftcard can be redeemed will depend on hotel availability.
Draw and notification: The winner will be the first correct entry drawn after the competition closing date, on or around 26th January 2015. The winner will be notified by email. If the winner is failed to be contacted the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternative winner will be selected without further notice. Prize delivery requires a complete street address (PO BOX not accepted), which will be requested by Harlequin (UK) Ltd. If you have been unsuccessful you will not be notified.
Harlequin (UK) Ltd reserves the right to terminate or suspend the competition at any time, for any reason, without prior notice.
The subscription can be cancelled or changed at any time
® and ™ indicate trademarks which are owned by or used under license by Harlequin (UK) Limited and/or www.millsandboon.co.uk. Unauthorised use of any trademarks which are owned or used under license by Harlequin (UK) Limited or www.millsandboon.co.uk. is strictly prohibited. Other product and company names mentioned on this web-site may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners and are subject to all applicable trademark protection laws.
Debenhams eSub offer
*This offer is for a limited time only. Only one gift card per customer. We have limited stocks of Debenhams gift cards – first come first served, while stocks last. Offer closes on 28/11/2014. Subscriptions taken out after this date will be charged at full price and you will not receive a Starbucks Gift eCard.
**Currently not available on Amazon Kindle
This offer is not available to current Mills and Boon® eBook Club subscribers. We reserve the right to refuse an application and applicants must be aged 18 years or over. Terms and prices subject to change without notice.
The first shipment containing the first set of books in your subscription will be sent to your account on the 1st December 2014. All subsequent shipments will be sent on the 1st of each month. Payment for your first and subsequent shipments must be made by any major credit or debit card. At this time we cannot accept payment via Direct Debit, PayPal, cheque, postal order, BACs or over the phone. Details can be found on the website.
The subscription can be cancelled or changed at any time. Please login to ‘My Account’ to manage your subscription.
To the fullest extent permitted at law, www.millsandboon.co.uk and Harlequin (UK) Ltd are providing this website and its contents on an 'as is' basis and makes no (and expressly disclaims all) representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to this website or the information, content, materials or products included in this site including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In addition www.millsandboon.co.uk and Harlequin (UK) Ltd do not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this website is accurate, complete or current. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice.
Except as specifically stated on this web-site, to the fullest extent permitted at law, neither www.millsandboon.co.uk and nor Harlequin (UK) Limited nor any of their affiliates, directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this web site or the information, content, materials or products included on this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Nothing in these terms and conditions of use excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
Upon millsandboon.co.uk's request you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless millsandboon.co.uk and its affiliates, representatives, officers, directors and employees from all liabilities, claims, costs and expenses, including legal fees, that arise out of or in connection with your use of the site.
Links with Other Sites
millsandboon.co.uk is not responsible for the content of any other site linked to or from our sites. If you link to another site outside millsandboon.co.uk, you leave our sites. If you decide to link to another site, you do so entirely at your own risk. Millsandboon.co.uk may provide links from our sites to other sites, but this is done solely as a convenience to you and in no way should be interpreted as an endorsement, clearance or approval of any content, sponsor or owner of any other site.
Millsandboon.co.uk makes no warranty, express or implied, as to any such linked site including, but not limited to, any warranties of the accuracy, ownership, validity or legality of any content of a linked site.
Registering with millsandboon.co.uk
We've create these rules to protect you and to ensure that registering and participating on millsandboon.co.uk is fun and safe for everyone.
The following terms apply to your registration in addition to the Terms and Conditions of website use. We may change these terms from time to time and we shall endeavour to notify you of any changes. Your continued registration following any such change shall indicate your acceptance of the new terms and your agreement to be bound by the same.
- You should register yourself, and only yourself. You may not transfer or share your registration with anyone. You may not disclose your login or password to any third parties. Message boards may only be used for personal purposes, not commercial purposes. You shall comply with all applicable laws regarding your access to and your participation in registered user services.
- We may terminate your registration immediately if you breach any of these terms or the Terms and Conditions governing use of our website, or if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us.
- All services are provided 'as is'. If we ask a third party to provide services the provisions of these terms of registration shall also apply to your use of their services. We and our suppliers disclaim all warranties and conditions, express, implied or statutory, including without limitation the implied warranties of title, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement to the fullest extent possible by law. We do not guarantee continuous or uninterrupted access to your registered services.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, neither we nor our suppliers be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages (however arising, including negligence), or for interrupted communications, lost data or lost profits, arising out of or in connection with your registering with millsandboon.co.uk. Our liability, and the liability of our suppliers, to you or any third parties in any circumstance is limited to £100. Applicable law may not allow the limitation of liability, so the foregoing limitations may not apply to you.
- You are solely responsible for your content, and we act as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication. However, we reserve the right to take any action with respect to your content if we believe it may create liability for us or may cause us to lose the services of our ISPs or other suppliers, or if we deem it to be inappropriate.
- The content you distribute or request to receive (directly or indirectly) through your Registation and your registered Name: (a) shall not infringe any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy; (b) shall not violate any law or regulation; (c) shall not be defamatory or trade libelous; (d) shall not be indecent, obscene or pornographic; (e) shall not contain any viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer-programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. You may not distribute unsolicited commercial messages ("spam") or take any other action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. Doing so may result in termination of your registration without delivery or prevent messages from reaching you.
- You hereby grant to us a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise all rights under copyright, publicity and related rights, in any media now known or not currently known, with respect to any content you provide to us in any public space on our Network.
All other terms
The Mills & Boon Romantics 2015 - Terms & Conditions
- Entry requirements at romanceawards.millsandboon.co.uk form part of these Terms & Conditions.
- Information given on the entry form may be used in any publicity for the Awards. All factual information will be cross-checked with the nominee.
- All valid nominations received by the closing date will be eligible for public voting via www.millsandboon.co.uk/theromantics. The most popular three entries in each category will then be shortlisted for judging by the pre-agreed judges panel.
- The final selection will be made by our judging panel, based on (i) potential for romance (ii) originality and (iii) quality
- Nominations close on March 22nd. Voting begins on March 24th 2015
- The awards ceremony will be held on April 29th 2015
- Timings are subject to change.
- Incomplete or invalid entries that do not fit the category for which they have been nominated will be excluded.
- The judging panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of the validity of this decision.
- Harlequin (UK) Ltd are permitted to exclude or disqualify late, incomplete or multiple nominations, or those that do not fit the category for which they have been nominated.
- All shortlisted entries and winners may be asked to take part in publicity for the Awards. This will be agreed individually.
- Harlequin (UK) Ltd reserves the right to (i) cancel and/or withdraw these Awards and/or (ii) amend these Terms, at any time without notice.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will Harlequin (UK) Ltd be liable for any loss, damage or injury arising under or in connection with these Awards.
- These Terms are governed by English law, and entrants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts in relation to all matters arising under or in connection with these Terms.
- A selection of prizes will be awarded to voters. Please see separate T&Cs for details when prizes are confirmed.
The Romantics Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
1. The Prize Draw (the "Prize Draw") is open to everyone aged 18 and over, who submit a vote for The Romantics Awards.
2. To enter into this Prize Draw entrants must submit an online vote for The Romantics Awards. Entry into this prize draw constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. To enter the Prize Draw you must complete a voting form and submit your name, email address and phone number. No purchase is necessary.
3. You are permitted to submit a vote for each category. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted.
4. Employees or agencies of Mills & Boon, its group companies or their family members, or anyone else connected with the Prize Draw may not enter the Prize Draw.
5. By submitting your personal information you agree to receive emails from Mills & Boon containing offers and developments that we think may interest you. You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe on every email that we send.
6. The closing date of the Prize Draw is 23:59 on 20 April 2015. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered.
7. Ten winners will be chosen from a random draw of the entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will be performed by a random computer process. The draw will take place after 20 April 2015.
8. The ten winners will receive one of the following prizes:
i. £300 to spend on a mini break with HotelTonight. HotelTonight will provide a promo code to the value of £300 to use towards payment of a stay in available hotels, in the UK or abroad, available on through their app. HotelTonight are an app only hotel booking service. Their app must be downloaded in order to use the winning code
ii. Romantic hotel escape for one night for two people, including dinner, from Red Letter Days, worth £149. This will be subject to availability at a location specified by Red Letter Days and their partners.
iii. A prize bundle from FindMeAGift.co.uk, worth £200. The items that make up the bundle of prizes are selected by FindMeAGift.co.uk and are at their discretion. The prize will be sent to a UK address provided by the winner.
iv. A ‘Love in a box’ Virgin balloon flight worth £299. The winner will provide Virgin with their email and postal address to receive their voucher. The voucher is then used to book the balloon flight by telephone or email. The voucher is redeemable at over 100 UK locations, seven days a week on morning, afternoon or evening flights subject to availability.
v. A lingerie voucher from Figleaves.com worth £100. This is a fixed amount and orders may be subject to additional postage and packing costs.
vi. SmugMug is a photo-sharing platform. SmugMug will set up two winners with a portfolio account worth £120 per person on their website. SmugMug allows you to host, edit and sell your photos.
vii. A Kobo Aura H2O which has a £139.99 RRP will be supplied and sent by WHS to a UK address provided by the winner.
viii. One nights’ stay in a 5* luxury hotel with dinner from Ultimate Wedding Magazine, worth £500. This will include one night’s accommodation, dinner and breakfast. The location will be specified by Ultimate Wedding Magazine in agreement with their partners, and is subject to availability.
ix. 10 best-selling paperback summer reads from Mills & Boon. The titles selected are at Mills & Boon’s discretion and will be sent by post to a UK address provided by the winner.
9. No expenses incurred in connection with the prize draw will be paid other than as set out in these terms and conditions.
10. Mills & Boon accept no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize (including, without limitation, travel to and from a prize).
11. All winners are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the specific company providing the individual prizes. Their Terms and Conditions can be found on their respective websites or apps.
12. The winners will be notified by email after 20 April 2015 and if necessary provide a UK postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to Mills & Boon within 14 days of being notified by Mills & Boon that they have won a prize, the winner's prize will be forfeited and Mills & Boon shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above. If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner's prize will be forfeited and Mills & Boon shall be entitled to select another winner.
13. The prize will either be sent electronically, using the winner’s email address, or by post, to an address provided. This will depend upon the nature of the prize and how it can be redeemed or received.
14. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
15. Mills & Boon retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event of the original prize offered not being available.
16. The winner may be asked to take part in promotional activity related to the Prize Draw and the winner shall participate in such activity on Mills & Boon's reasonable request.
18. Mills & Boon accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Prize Draw or accepting the prize. Mills & Boon further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Prize Draw. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of Mills & Boon for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
19. Mills & Boon reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Mills & Boon in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. Mills & Boon shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
21. The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. Where the site and/or the Interactive Services are accessed from Scotland or Northern Ireland, this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Scotland or Northern Ireland respectively and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts or the courts of Northern Ireland respectively.
23. Promoter: Mills & Boon, Eton House, 18-24 Paradise Road, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 1SR
These terms and conditions of use and any dispute arising in relation to them shall be governed in all respects by English law. Both parties submit to the jurisdiction of the Court of England and Wales and further agree that any cause of action arising under these terms and conditions of use shall be brought exclusively in the English courts. If any provision of these terms and conditions of use is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. We shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting directly or indirectly from any causes beyond our reasonable control. These terms and conditions of use set forth the entire understanding and agreement between us with respect to the subject matter hereof.
Our company details
Harlequin (UK) Limited
18-24 Paradise Road
Registered in England No. 100449
Non-UK residents: +44 20 8288 2800
UK residents only: 020 8288 2800
Non-UK residents: +44 20 8288 2898
UK residents only: 020 8288 2898
Vat. Reg. No. GB 232433496